Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's coming to an end...

Christmas break that is...


***** so just a little side note*****
-I totally had a ton of this post already typed out, then my laptop freaked out and erased everything i wrote... that's so frustrating!!
*********
My last final was Dec. 11th, and I finished my first semester in college with 1 A and 3 B's. I'm pretty proud of myself, I worked hard for it. College is a big transition from high school where I hardly studied at all!
I started off christmas break job shadowing for Laurie Deroque, an Occupational Therapist for a public school. That was so much fun! (I have to have 20 hours volunteering for an OT before i can apply for OTassistant school next fall.) All the kids were so sweet and very special in all their different ways! From ages 3-18. I can't wait to get into that field. Shadowing really made me excited about it. I'll try to take some pictures next time I go.
Also during these couple of weeks I've got to hang out with my girls a lot! Like at least one of them everyday, it was great! Autumn, Emma, and Katie moved for the semester so I missed them. (I have a feeling that every post is going to mention my besties at some point lol) We've had a ton of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners together! I know I've gained some from eating out so much lol. I will be visiting them more this next semester, cuz i gotta have my besties!
I worked a lot... at sonic.. i know, not the most glamourous job out there, but it's a job.. (btw plz tip your carhops if you don't already! IT'S THE LAW! haha just kidding... but seriously we don't get minimum wage fyi lol) oh and here is a list of a few of my pet peeves at sonic...
1) ask for condiments when we take your order!
*we don't magically know what you prefer with your popcorn chicken!
2) throw away your own trash unless you tip me at least a dollar!
*that's just gross
3) don't make us go back and forth from inside to your car!
*it's cold! 27 degrees today!
4) have your money ready to go when we get there!
*don't say "bless your heart, it's so cold out here" while you make us stand there while you count $5.00 in all nickles!
5) don't get mad at your carhop when your burger is messed up
*we don't cook! don't shoot the messenger!
6) listen when we read back your order!
*it's not our fault if your just an idiot
7) for all you "crazy tea ladies" just drink the dadgum tea or go home and make your own!
*seriously why do you come back when it was "horrible" the last time??
Well there's my top 7 pet peves... there's so many more! I'll make another post devoted to my love/hate relationship with sonic lol.
Finally I was a little missionary! lol Cody would be proud... my friend Jacob became interested in church. He came with me to a youth activity, church one sunday, and 1 other meeting with the missionaries so far! and he says he has never felt better about anything in a long time! keep him in your prayers! I can't wait to tell Cody all about it when I email him again...
*This awesome break is almost over, it's back to school on monday... studying all the time and working when I'm not.. sometimes both at the same time.
Until next time... peace and blessings, peace and blessings!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Sonic, the bane of my existance! All of your pet peeves are mine!

I've had fun hanging out with you tons this break. I agree that we probably gained so much weight! I'm happy you're talking about coming to visit- I get so excited! :)

Proud of you getting Jacob to church!

Love you