Tuesday, May 4, 2010

BUTCHERED!

One quality about myself that i would change is that I'm VERY impatient and sometimes it bites me in the butt.
i wanted to get my hair TRIMMED and layered some just to get rid of the gross split ends. so i called Valerie, the woman who cuts my hair normally. If i wanted her to do it i would've had to wait another week and a half SO i decided to trust my hair with a new girl that has worked at Valerie's Salon for a week... bad bad bad choice.
I got there and to my surprise the "new girl" went to my high school and graduated right before me! i was so nervous and stupid to put my precious long curly hair in her inexperienced hands.
This is how it turned out... :( after an hour and 45 minutes this is the damage. She couldn't even straighten my hair. What kind of stylist can't straighten hair??
Shayna was supposed to get hers cut right after mine, but we got the heck out of there before she could do any more damage. I put on a fake smile but as soon as i was out the door i was almost in tears. It wasn't cut evenly at all across the bottom and i had two chunky "shelf-layers" probably one of my most saddest moments ever when i got home and looked in the mirror.

Right after my visit to a mirror i ran straight to Mica's Salon. I HAD to get it fixed right then!! Luckily i caught her right before she was leaving and she cut it for me. Evened out the bottom, blended the layers, thinned, and gave me some bangin' swoop bangs! It's about 5 inches shorter than my original plan but it looks alright and hair grows...



This is my hair super super curly! The short layers make my curls rock out and it's great!! I was kinda scared the first morning i woke up with the curly hair with this new cut.. it was so big!!






I GOT TO LEARN SOME PATIENCE!



4 comments:

The Spradlin Family said...

KAYLEE!!! I had a similar experience. I'll tell you about it l8er. It looks adorable now! I love it, and I love you. Can't wait
for you to come out here!!!!

Emma Helene said...

It looks super cute now! You're a lucky duck that you got there that fast!

Unknown said...

Cute cute!

Maddie said...

that's Aweful!!!!

I hate it when that happens...