Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Elder Joey Brown

Joey and I outside the Nauvoo Temple last year when I went on his family vacation with him. I can't believe that was a year ago, almost exactly.

Tomorrow Joey leaves America for his mission in London England at 1:30ish. He'll be going to the England MTC in Preston England, the same one my brother went to 8 months ago.

Joey and I have known each other for a long time and I'm gonna miss that kid a lot.


I went to his ward this last Sunday and he spoke about what he did to prepare to be a missionary and it was great! Of course studying scriputres and using his "Preach my Gospel" manual and going to seminary helped him a lot, but what really allowed him to make it to this point is repentence and being able to be forgiven. He talked about how great a thing it was that Christ died for us so that we could repent when we made mistakes. Also he said that we all need to prepare to be a missionary cuz we all need to be a missionary in our own lives and let the people you love and see everyday know what you believe in.


Since my brother Cody has left to devote 2 whole years to the Lord and now that Joey is too i am going to try harder to be a "missionary" I know what i believe in is the truth and how happy i am knowing it! I want others to feel this way especially the ones close to me that i love.


I said Goodbye to Joey Sunday after he spoke. I didn't think that was gonna be the last time i saw him but it was. Its hard to say goodbye. so hard.


A friend told me about this website if you have any missionaries you want to write and it's called http://www.dearelder.com/ and you can write letters to your missionary on the site and they print it, stamp it, and mail it for you! all you gotta do it pay for the postage! I can't wait to use the site for Joey and my brother


I know Elder Joey Brown is going to be a GREAT AMAZING FANTASTIC missionary.. he's going to change so many peoples lives. Well actually Christ's gospel and the spirit are going to change their lives but Joey is going to open that doorway! He has a very big heart and a strong testimony. I'm proud of him and i look up to him.


If you read this before tomorrow Joey, I love you and I know you're gonna be great!

0 comments: