Saturday, July 24, 2010

This Picture & Those Promises..



I sit on my bed and across the room on the wall is this picture...


it's of me and you.





i was taking a picture of us on prom night when you gave me a surprise kiss on the cheek.
i love this picture.
i have the biggest smile on my face.



that was a GREAT night.



still sitting on my bed and i look to my left on the wall are lyrics to all the songs you wrote me.
they're full of lines like..



"never wanna let you go"
"we can run away"
" you are my angel"
"how you make me feel"
"remember that day"
"you're everything"
"you're amazing to me"
"stay with me"
"this seems so impossible"
"you're all i want"
"you're all i need"
"you are my world"
"i love you baby"


ya ya corny i know.. but i love that kind of stuff..



because you were scared. you broke my heart.
because you played the "what if" game. nothing is the same.



my walls used to be covered in pictures of you, us, and anything that reminded me of us.
i took it all down.



except that surprise kiss and those words and promises.
i can't make myself forget you.
you were the one... are the one?



at your farewell talk at church before you left i swear you were glowing.
maybe they just changed out the lightbulbs.. but you looked amazing
filled with the spirit, i knew you were gonna be the BEST missionary.



now you're across the pond in another country..
and that picture is all i can see.



i miss you.
i don't wanna play "what if" anymore.
i want you to make me smile like you did in that picture on the wall again.

4 comments:

Amanda Morgan* :) said...

Thanks for making me cry! Seriously as i was reading this i bawled like a baby :( Im sorry misses! One day he will realize how much he loves you and if hes smart he'll come back!

Amanda Morgan* :) said...

I think we all hope that one day the person we are truly in love with will love us back..

Duke said...

You made your Daddy cry too. I love you so much. And JOEY is a good boy. I hope it works out with him or somebody like him.
Love, Daddy

Emma Helene said...

i know im like way late on this but tears just came to my eyes and if shawn wasn't in here within eye-sight of my face they would've fallen down my cheeks!